Restaurant Equipment Rentals: Opening a new restaurant or replacing existing a craft cocktail ice machine always begs the question – “Buy or lease?” Because cash flow is king in the restaurant business, the answer to the Buy vs. Lease question is increasingly “lease.” When you have fixed, low payments for equipment, you’re able to preserve capital for slow times and keep cash in the bank for marketing or for unexpected expenses or repairs.
Restaurant equipment rentals are available for virtually all of the major appliances:
- Commercial Ice Machines
- Commercial Refrigerators
- Commercial Freezers
- Commercial Dishwashers
You may want to introduce new menu items that require extra capacity for refrigeration or freezing. Leasing an additional piece of equipment is a great way to expand your kitchen capacity without a significant investment. And, leasing doesn’t typically affect your bank credit, keeping even more cash available. (Just make sure to stay current on payments to maintain a good credit rating.) Before you sign a rental agreement, make sure to:
- Compare several equipment rentals terms. The monthly fee may vary on the same piece of equipment.
- Agree on service terms for the equipment. Find out what is included, such as general maintenance and/or cleaning. Ask about the fee for services not covered in the contract.
- Understand the options for length of lease, early termination, and purchase availability at the end of the lease.
- Do the research on the leasing company’s recommended manufacturer. Their rentals should be available for whichever manufacturer you want, and you want a reliable piece of equipment.
- Remember that you don’t own the equipment, so restaurant equipment rentals are not able to be considered for collateral when you’re applying for a loan.
Benefits of Restaurant Equipment Leasing
- Save on cash flow – Monthly payments are lower than buying, and the amount is predictable. No fluctuations in amount due to interest rates.
- Eliminate a large down payment – Typically, you only pay a first payment when signing a lease.
- Schedule payments for flexibility – Terms of leases can vary. For example, you can arrange to pay more in the summer if that’s your busy season, with lower payments in slower winter months.
- Immediate fulfillment – Most leases are approved quickly. Equipment you need can be delivered to your restaurant in a timely manner. No delays while you wait for financing decisions.
- State-of-the-art equipment – Go for all the bells and whistles you want, and a lease is still affordable. And, after the lease, you can rent the next generation equipment.
or call 817-888-3056
Restaurant Supply Dallas Restaurant Supply Houston Restaurant Supply Austin
Recent Blog Posts
May 9, 2014 |
Buying or leasing a commercial ice maker for your restaurant or business is an important decision that you’ll...
February 20, 2014 |
Used Restaurant Equipment: Houston restaurants need affordable and reliable equipment. This is especially true for...
January 3, 2014 |
Opening a Wine Bar – Specialty bars are gaining in popularity. And with the popularity and variety of wines...
December 10, 2013 |
A double door cooler gives your restaurant staff convenience in locating frequently-used refrigerator items. The...
November 17, 2013 |
The Maxx Cold X-Series Undercounter Freezer gives you 6.5 cubic feet of freezer storage in a small space. Model...
October 18, 2013 |
The Kelvinator Double Door Pizza Prep Refrigerator Cooler for Dallas revolutionizes your pizza preparation for...
October 9, 2013 |
The MAXX 135 lb. undercounter ice machine maker makes 1 ¼” diameter cubes – a perfect size for soft drinks...
July 30, 2013 |
Undercounter ice makers are ideal for additional ice making capacity, or for lower volume ice needs. As the name...
July 15, 2013 |
Keep bar sales booming by making sure that you have the beer equipment needed to keep the beer cold and the sales...
June 30, 2013 |
Craft cocktails give you a way to compete in the high end restaurant business. Without quality drinks and the best...